"On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men clothed in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, "Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; He has risen!" Luke 24:1-6
On Easter morning we went to church and then went over to Grandma's house for brunch and lots of Easter fun!
Wes made a bee line for his Easter basket from Grammy after walking in the door.
Checking out all his goodies,
but wondering, "what the heck is this stuff?!?"
Easter basket grass, truly is a wonder!
Grammy the Easter bunny gave Wes a Pez dispenser. We have lots of those at home, but there's never been candy in one before! He thought that was pretty awesome.
And then he was off for an egg hunt!
Grammy hid lots of eggs!
I always remember the Easter bunny hiding eggs up the stair railing when I was a kid, so I love this picture!
And now to the good part :)
This is Wes' Easter basket from Michael and I. Wes had accidentally found that box of tractors a week before Easter and had a major meltdown over the fact that he couldn't open them. Obviously I need to find a better hiding spot! So I think he was so excited to see them again!
The "dump'um" (dump truck) is his favorite and is often asked for before going to bed. (One truck always goes ni-night with Wes!)
And here's what happens after eating the contents of a few eggs! Grammy did a great job of filling her eggs with toys, animals crackers and a few pieces of candy and marshmallows. I couldn't stop him from eating the marshmallows, they're his favorite!
On a side note, I made dessert for our Easter celebrations and decided to make a fresh strawberry pie to take in the afternoon and a Banberry Pie (Michael's favorite) to take to my mom's. This was my first time making crust from scratch in all it's butter and Crisco glory.
And my first time making the custard filling for the banana creme part. (Banberry is a banana creme pie with strawberries and glaze on top. Polly's Pies is the only place I know that makes one). I followed the recipe in my Joy of Cooking book for banana creme pie (I love that cookbook, it's so laden with details, it's almost impossible to screw up one of the recipes!)
And here is the finished product. I have to say, it was delicious, and Michael and everyone else agreed! Though it took quite a while, I have to say, this recipe is a keeper. Happy Easter!
(Easter afternoon pics to follow)
No comments:
Post a Comment