Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wesley's Activity Book

I've been thinking about making Wes an activity book since his birthday, but never did more than think about it. But last month I was at Chrissy's mom's house and she got out an old activity book from when we were kids that her grandkids (Cody included!) now love. And I decided I just had to make one, with my mom's help of course! And since we were gearing up for our trip to Orlando (we leave tomorrow morning!) I thought it would be the perfect thing to keep Wes occupied on the airplane, at least for a few minutes. :)

I took pictures of Carol's activity book and used this website to help me with my ideas. But we pretty much had to start from scratch making all the patterns.



Here's Wes getting a preview of the shapes page.
And here's the finished product!!! We didn't get to all the pages we plan on making, but it will be perfect for the plane and he'll definitely grow into the activities.


Button the flowers onto the stems
Snap the Jack-o-Lantern's face into place


Count the numbers
Match the shapes


Unsnap the car from it's garage and drive it on the road
Velcro the lights onto the traffic signal


Unzip the teepee
Weave the blanket

Open the coin purse, count the money and save it in the piggy bank
Draw a picture

Lace the football
Tie the teddy bear's bow

My mom and I had lots of fun working on this together and we know Wes will love it too!

4 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, Denise! This is incredible!!! You and your mom are beyond talented! :) Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out so cute! I love it. Hope Wes is enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you could just make a "Sloane Activity Book" sign it from me and let me tell everyone I made it that would be great! :)

    Adorable!

    ReplyDelete