After quite a while of planning, we headed to Florida on Friday March 11th...at 4am!!! I haven't been up at that time of day since Wes was tiny! We got to LAX, parked, and cruised through security without a hitch (such a blessing!). We ended up with some time to kill in the airport but I'd much rather be early than running for my plane :)
It's hard to see in this picture, but I bought this product called "Traveling Toddler" which is a strap that goes around your suitcase and attaches to the latch system of your car seat. It allows you to wheel your kid through the airport without having to buy a fancy rolling car seat or lug that bulky thing around. The website said kids love riding in it and they sure were right. Wes didn't want us to stop! And it was so fun to watch the people point to him and smile and say how cool that was. Taking it on and off the suitcase for security and the airplane was a little bit of a pain, but for fourteen bucks, it was a great buy.
Wes was in heaven with all the "aa-aa's"(he can said airplane more clearly, he just chooses not too!) We have several airplane books, so he loved seeing the ground crew members, the baggage carts, the cleaning trucks, and the pilots in real life.
(Mike and I were talking about how well traveled Wes is for not even being two :) He's been to Hawaii, Colorado, Nebraska, and now Florida)
And here we are playing with Wes' activity book! Believe it or not, this kid did not sleep the entire flight...ugghhh!! Luckily we brought LOTS of things to keep him busy. And we flew on Virgin America, which I have to admit was really awesome!! (I love my United, but wow, what amazing technology) He wouldn't keep headphones on his head, but he of course liked to watch Nick Jr. on their OnDemand TV.
Wow, that "traveling toddler" looks like a genius idea. So glad you guys had an amazing trip!
ReplyDelete