Here's how we've been spending quite a bit of our time recently:
Driving:


Wesley is truly obsessed with driving. Every time I even open the door to the garage he gets excited. And when driving time is over, he grips the steering wheel so tight that I have to pry his little fingers off the wheel. I don't see how he's going to wait 15 more years!
Climbing in and out and in and out and in and out of his dump trucks:



That pretty much sums up this activity. We did have a few dump truck tipping incidents while he was figuring out the whole 'getting out' thing. But he's solved all the balance problems now.
Airplanes:

I have to admit I'm pretty proud of this obsession. Fire trucks are cool and all, but airplanes are awesome!

I think Wes may have picked up a little of his airplane fever from his buddy Aaron, because we spend a lot of time looking, listening and pointing out all the airplanes that fly over our house. And since we live 5 minutes from John Wayne Airport, that's quite a lot of planes.

Mike got Wes this balsa wood airplane and we had lots of fun with it at the park. It's kind of hard to see in this photo, but on one of the planes first flights Michael let it go and it banked around and came straight at Wes. It actually clipped the brim of his hat! He wasn't phased though and was really enjoying chasing after it until, on one overzealous takeoff, Michael snapped it's wing in two. Oh well, we will be taking off in a real airplane at the end of this month when he head to Nebraska with Grandma. I'm sure that will make up for it!
No comments:
Post a Comment