If you grew up at Calvary in the '80s you know exactly who I'm talking about! Psalty the Singing Song Book, oh the memories I have! Before I continue with where I'm going, I must stop and mention how extremely sentimental I am. Those of you who know me, or perhaps just those who read my blog (remember this Morning Sickness post?) know that I can hold on pretty tight to my stuff, my memories, and my need to remember it all. To my husbands great irritation, I will tell him of childhood memories I have and then demand he recreate them with me. This includes dragging him to the pumpkin patch. Since most adults sans-children would pick up their halloween pumpkins at the supermarket, it was a little awkward for him following me around the pumpkin patch and seeing how excited I would get pointing out all the pumpkins. He was very greatful to be holding Wesley this year and I know he was thinking, 'now I have a kid, so it's ok to be here'. Apple picking in Julian was also another wonderful memory I have from my childhood. This one wasn't so hard to convince Michael to do, since apple pie a la mode is a good bargaining chip. Unfortunately in 20+ years things can change a little, so I often end up dissapointed when reality doesn't match up to memory. But I'm going to try to hard to create memories with Wes that he will remember and cherish when he's an adult. Plus if he inherits some of my sentimentality and some of Michael's amazing memory, he's bound to remember it all. It's ok if you want to laugh at me or cry for me, I usually do both!
Ok, back to Psalty. And I do have a point. I grew up with Psalty's Kid's Praise music and now that Wes is loving music (he bops his head when I sing to him) I have little bits of songs running through my head, but I can't quite remember all the lyrics. And since I'm so sentimental (ok, point made) I had to try to find some of those songs. So I googled Psalty and their website is up and running and you can purchase all the kids praise albums and dvd's! I bought Wes Kid's Praise 4, Singsational Servants. It's crazy how I haven't heard these songs for 20 years, but as soon as I heard the tune, all the words come right back to me!
So funny! Cody just got The Praise Album from Kevin's parents. We should swap. Got to love Psalty!
ReplyDelete