Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Long Live the King!

I have been an Elvis fan for as long as I can remember. I was probably one of the only 12 year olds (of my time!) who knew much about Elvis, let alone loved him and his music as much as I did. I even had an Elvis scrapbook where I kept any memorabilia I could find. That included stickers, cards, and the album covers to all the CASSETTE tapes I owned. And there was actually quite a bit in print about Elvis back then, remember the "Elvis is Alive and spotted at a Dunkin' Donuts in Toledo" conspiracy craze. Glad that's over!! I even made a pilgrimage to Graceland with my friend Sarah after we graduated high school. One of my favorite all time trips!! The pictures from that trip are in my Elvis scrapbook in my mom's attic and when I get time to rummage through my stuff up there, I'll post the pictures!

Anyway, the whole point is there is a new Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas called Viva Elvis at the Aria Hotel and Michael got me tickets for my birthday. Wes had his first sleepover at Grandma's house and we enjoyed our first night away. It was just a quick trip, but so much fun. The show was amazing and a wonderful tribute to the incredible artist that Elvis was.

I got Wes this onesie at a little boutique in Long Beach before he was even born. But these glasses are a souviner from the show! He'll be wearing them all summer.

Unfortunately we didn't take any pictures of ourselves while we were there, but as an afterthought I snapped this picture for this blog post!

Wes also got this cool lunch box. We listen to Elvis Radio on XM in the car, so I know he's going to be a big fan too!

Just so I can remember down the road, Wes did really well at Grandma's house. He wouldn't nap or drink much milk, but he slept all night in the pack and play and had lots of fun playing and going for walks with grandma. When we came to pick him up, he was so excited he started crying a little! But the poor kid was delirious from not napping, so it might have just been the lack of sleep :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the glasses and Wesley's lunchbox. He is such a ham. Glad you enjoyed your time away.

    ReplyDelete