Monday, May 17, 2010

A Few Things I've Been Making

And it's not just baby food this time!! But I will start with the baby food to get it out of the way :) Here's some great double duty recipes we're enjoying right now:
Broccoli Pancakes : http://www.takebackyourtable.com/2010/03/broccolie-and-cheddar-pancakes.html (We both loved these, I might try half bread crumbs/half whole wheat flour next time)
Turkey Veggie Chili : http://weelicious.com/2009/02/03/turkey-veggie-chili/ (this is really delicious, I did change it a little though. I used black beans instead of white, added corn, and substituted 1/3 c. pureed butternut squash for the diced tomatoes. I also cut down the spices a little and used half chili powder and half taco seasoning. I pureed this a little for Wes so it wasn't quite so chunky and he gobbled it right down!)
I've also been making some recipes from Deceptively Delicious that my friend Sarah gave. Wes is loving the Chicken and Rice Balls and Baked Spaghetti. And I'm having fun adding vegetable purees to my tried and true recipes.
Ok, moving past baby food:

Some new bibs for Wes' cousin Cash



A few '50's inspired aprons for Mike's sister Madison's engagement photo shoot. Thanks to my mom for sewing the blue one for me!

Some blue and pink Cake Pops a la Bakerella for Baby Nora and Baby Nathaniel's families.

I'm glad I gave most of these away or I would have eaten every single one!

1 comment: