Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Candy Swap and a Crazy Climber

I had read somewhere in the blogosphere about how one family lets their kids enjoy their Halloween candy but also how they get rid of it in a timely manner.  Whoever wrote the post said they let their kids pick one piece of candy a day for a week after Halloween and then they tell them the "switch witch" is coming to swap all their leftover candy for something new and non-edible!  I loved the idea (minus the "witch" part) so I just told Wes we were doing a candy swap and after a week, he left this bag of candy on the porch and went off to school. (with no complaints by the way) And when he returned home from school there was a wrapped surprise waiting for him!  Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of the swap, but since Wes has been talking about the game Trouble recently, I figured that would be a good exchange.  We have enjoyed the game and he hasn't asked about the candy...hoping it will be this easy next year!



I can't remember if I mentioned that Cora is one crazy little climber!  I always thought Wes was a climber until this one started scaling anything and everything within an inch or two off the ground.  She climbed this ladder all by herself, with one nervous Daddy following behind.  I did a similar post of Wes climbing this ladder when he was little (wish I had time to find it...labeling my posts is sounding more and more appealing) but I think Cora was much quicker!    


No comments:

Post a Comment