Saturday, February 23, 2013

Goodbye Hostess

It's old news now, but when Hostess decided to close it's doors, we had a fitting send off for them.  A Hostess outlet is (was) in Fullerton and while Daddy was at work, his crew stopped by to see if they could pick up a few last treats.  He said it was like the Apocalypse had happened...the shelves were ransacked and the customers were all in a frenzy!  But he managed to grab a box of donettes and Dunkin' Stix for us and a few other things for the Fire Station.  

 Wes has had donettes (in the small sleeve from the 7/11) one other time and he was really excited when Dad came home from work with this whole box!



Cora's first and probably last time having a Hostess donette.

And these little babies bring back some serious high school memories for me!  I don't remember buying anything from the school lunch line other than chocolate chip cookies and Dunkin' Stix (this post is making me sound terrible!  We are really a whole wheat bread/brown rice/spinach kind of family, I promise!)  
But here's a little peek at the real reason Hostess went out of business...not very good for you.  I think too many people have realized you just can't eat this way.  Though I did today, and I really enjoyed it too!  Goodbye Hostess, thanks for the Twinkie, Ding Dong, Snow Ball, and of course Dunkin' Stix memories.

1 comment:

  1. I didnt realize those powdered sugar donuts at 7Eleven were made by hostess! Sad...that was our treat like once a year when we went on a road trip or whatever.

    ReplyDelete