Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I've Been to the Fair and Seen the Bear

Ok seriously, has anyone heard of this saying??? It had to be a couple of years ago, probably when the fair was in town, that Michael first said it. I, of course, didn't know what he was talking about and asked him where he'd heard such a saying. He said "it's as old as the hills and twice as dusty." Only Michael, or Grandpa Al, could explain one old adage with another. (To continue with the theme, when it comes to Michael and his dad, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree). I actually tried googling this saying to come up with it's origin, but couldn't find much info, then again, I didn't try too hard. If you know what it means, leave me a comment and enlighten me!
Anyway, the point of all this was that we went to the Orange County fair on the 15th! And we squeezed in all the fun things you must do at the fair. (FYI, I don't conisider going on the rides a must, but actually more of a DO NOT! Since we live right across the street from the fairgrounds, I've seen these rides being put together. I'll stay on the ground, thank you :)

We did watch other people ride the rides though.


We saw the Budweiser Clydesdales.

We ate a giant turkey leg.
(My personal favorite fair activity, though eating fried oreos comes in an almost indiscernible second.)


We watched the Chinese acrobats.


And daddy won Wes a 3 foot tall stuft monkey in a banana.
All-in-all, Wesley had an excellent first trip to the fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment